Monday, 22 December 2014

5 Min Margarita Pitta Pizza

Pitta Pizza... 




In a rush? Want pizza in a hurry?

I've been a bit under the whether this weekend and didn't have much energy to stand for any length of time in the kitchen but as I have recently discovered Cheezly and my son has never tried pizza, I thought why not make a margarita pizza using pitta bread! 

My son is a very fussy eater I blame the neocate for this as every time I place a new food in front of him he looks at me as if to say 'is this going to be vile mummy?' and it usually takes around three - four try's of new foods before he'll like it.  Anyway after stern eyes glaring at me and a little nibble it went down a absolute treat this is the first time hes eaten all of a new food in the first sitting so I have to share this one and I hope your little one's or yourselves enjoy it just as much as my son did !

Oh.. When I took the pizza out of the oven I was so excited for my son to try it that I started cutting it up before I took a photo for you all so apologies for the photo ^^^^


Ingredients..

1 Pitta Bread - I used wholemeal
Tomato puree 
Italian seasoning
Cheezly - I used white cheddar style


Method..

1. Place pitta bread on baking tray and squeeze required amount of tomato puree on to the top side of the pitta bread, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and use a spoon to spread the tomato puree evenly across the pitta bread and blend in the seasoning.  

2. Slice cheezly into small squares and place on top of the tomato puree, place pitta under the grill for around five minutes or until the cheezly is soft.  

I cut the Cheezly quite thick as you can see above, after around five minutes under the grill i used a fork to spread the cheezly and this worked just fine.  

Feel free to add various toppings and let me know what you think of the recipe below in the comments section..

Like us on Facebook for more recipes 

Follow us on Titter
















No comments:

Post a Comment