Saturday, 3 January 2015

Black Forest Fruit Sorbet Recipe

Black Forest Fruit Sorbet


dairy free sorbet recipe for living with cow's milk protein allergy


If your looking for a simple dessert recipe then this fruit sorbet is perfect and completely dairy free, soya free, egg free and pretty much everything free except fruit, water and sugar.  It's also a great way of getting your little ones to eat fruit if they don't like it.  I used black forest fruits for this sorbet and it tastes sweet but light and refreshing and my son loves it!  I actually prefer this sorbet to ice creams as it doesn't leave you with that heavy full feeling you get after eating ice cream.  







I brought these already frozen black forest fruits from my local Aldi supermarket.  The reason I chose to buy frozen and not fresh is because sometimes when I buy fresh ingredients and I plan to make a recipe something crops up - usually my son will react to something which means he needs all of my attention, especially during the night.  With lack of sleep and caring for my son when he's reacting before I know it the fresh ingredients I brought are no longer fresh and i'm having to throw them away which really makes me sad.  I hate wasting food so I find buying these and keeping them in the freezer for when I have the time to make a sorbet works best for me but you can absolutely use fresh fruit with this recipe.  


Ingredients:

500g Black forest fruits
160ml Water
65g Granulated sugar


Method:

1. Defrost black forest fruits.
2. Place sugar and water in a pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar has melted.
3. Once the black forest fruits are defrosted place them in a bowl and add the water and sugar mix.  Blend with an electric whisker until your left with a smooth consistency.  
4. Place mixture into electric sorbet/ice cream maker until done.

You can buy ice cream/sorbet makers for around £20 online.  I've used mine a fair bit to make different desserts for my son, I think they are worth the money as most shop brought dairy free ice creams are quite expensive in my opinion.  Here's a link to the one i'd recommend Amazon.  


I separated the sorbet into little pots and placed them in the freezer so I have desserts ready for son when he wants one. 

Like us on Facebook for more great recipes 

Follow us on Twitter - Follow us on Instagram @livingwithcmpa 

Dairy free recipes for cow's milk protein allergy


Disclaimer: Always double check ingredients before purchasing/consuming as manufactures can change their products at any time.  May contain foods are always a risk.

We have moved to a new website - Click here to go to Living with cow's milk protein allergy's new site.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment