Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Wheat Free Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe

Wheat Free Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe 


wheat free spaghetti bolognese, dairy free, soy free, egg free



My son isn't wheat intolerant and is fine with spaghetti and pasta but when I came across this recipe I thought what a great way to get more fruit into his diet.  He eats most veg anyway but I love meals which taste great and are full of goodness.  If your little one's don't like their fruits and vegetables then hopefully you'll find this recipe useful for sneaking them in.  This recipe is also great if you can't tolerate wheat and are missing your dose of spaghetti bolognese.    

Spaghetti Ingredients:

1 Butternut squash
2 Teaspoons of sunflower oil
Oregano 
Black pepper

Bolognese Ingredients:

500g Organic beef mince
2x Tinned organic tomatoes
Mushrooms
Garlic
Black pepper
Chilli flakes
1 Teaspoon of sunflower oil
1 Onion

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 160.  Using a sharp knife, cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise.  Scoop out the seeds and discard.  Place the halves with the cut side up on a baking sheet.  Drizzle with sunflower oil and season with black pepper and oregano.  Roast the butternut squash in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until you can poke it easily with a fork.  Let it cool until you can handle it safely.  Then scrape the insides with a fork to shred the butternut squash into strands.  

2. While the spaghetti squash is roasting heat a frying pan with sunflower oil and then add chopped onion and chopped mushrooms.  Fry for a few minutes and then add beef mince and garlic.  Once beef mince is browned add tinned tomatoes and season with black pepper and chili flakes. Simmer on low heat until ready to serve. 

3.  Serve Bolognese over squash spaghetti.


You can make the bolognese as you usually would, above is just how I made it yesterday.  I usually add a variety of vegetables into my bolognese but I only had mushrooms and onions in yesterday.  Be careful with the amount of chili flakes you use as these can upset some peoples tummies - especially little ones.  I use a pinch when making bolognese for my son and if I want more I add it to mine after serving.  My son loved this recipe so I have separated it into pots and put it in the freezer for him.  


I hope you and your little ones like this recipe, let me know how it turns out by either posting to our Facebook page or tweet us @livingwithcmpa  


Get FREE printable allergy cards to take with you to restaurants when eating out - Click here.


Like us on Facebook for more great recipes 

Follow us on Twitter - Follow us on Instagram @livingwithcmpa 

Living with cow's milk protein allergy, dairy free recipe


Disclaimer: Always double check ingredients before purchasing/consuming as manufactures can change their products at any time.  May contain foods are always a risk.  


Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive FREE printable allergy cards

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment